The Sims







Assalamualaikum,



The world is very confusing. How could a publicly-hated-on-a-massive-scale person be elected as president? A racist mysogynist white supremacist with bad hair too. *Sighing for the millionth time* 
.
.
.

My lil sister is playing The Sims. I am kind of stressed watching the way she plays it. Eventhough the family had low funds, she bought the most expensive television set, relatively expensive showers, sofas and even an aquarium. Now, she's buying the most expensive windows, lots of them, actually xD


I've always love this game and have played it more times than I can remember. In fact, it's my favourite game ever. It started from the first pc version, which I was so obsessed with and wish I can still play it on this laptop but it's too oldschool for today's technology, I suppose. Then, I played The Sims 2, The Sims Pets and The Sims Castaway on Playstation 2. Was sooo obsessed with them too. It's like playing with dolls but in a better, cooler way. Needless to say, I am now an expert at it. I could make the biggest mansion, the richest family and the most successful ones too (on top of their career ladders).


But then, when I play The Sims, I would always start from the bottom. Building the smallest house possible, with the most basic necessities like toilet, shower, the cheapest beds, some equipment to gain skill points. That's it. Then, I work hard to increase skill points, gain friends, and climb the career ladder one step at a time until at last, I reach the top. Now that I've gained so much money, I don't even know what to do with it. I might do some decorations, add swimming pools, build larger rooms, buy a snooker table, espresso machine, etc. On The Sims PS 2 versions, if you buy too many stuffs, the house would be on fire. So, there's absolutely nothing you can do with the money. Yes, maybe you could expand the house but what use is there if you can't buy anything to put in it? Moreover, the land area is limited too.




So, what am I trying to say here? It seems that when you focus on achieving success, you forget that you need to live life too. You are too focused on getting to the top, you had no time to think about yourself, what you really want. My little sister showed that, yes, you will be successful one day. Yes, you will be a boss in your career field. Yes, you will not have to gain any skill points anymore, or even maintain the friendships when you are at stage 10 of your career, but in the meantime, enjoy what you already have. Don't take things for granted. Money really can't buy you happiness. That's a life lesson if you ask me. Learn everyday. 










P.S: How come Millie Bobby Brown is 12 but is more eloquent, more intelligent and more charming than the current POTUS? #nobannowall












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redang Mutiara Beach Resort: A Review (July 2017)

First Year Dietetics: Subject Summary

Special Unit: Institut Jantung Negara