Good Words Can Make Someone's Day

Assalamualaikum,





Although I've been using Blogger for almost 2 years now, I don't actually know how it works. At least not completely. I mean, I can do things but there are some tasks that I have no idea how to do. For example, getting a notification when someone leave a comment on any of my blog post. So, how do I know when a person commented? I don't. Haha. Unless I notice something strange about the total number of comments. Usually that happens when suddenly my sense is perfectly senseful.

Basically that happened last night. I accidentally looked at the total number of comments and felt curious. So, I checked and found this comment;




I know I shouldn't be too worked up over a random comment from an anonymous but I actually felt delighted reading it. You may ask me why? Well, in the negativity-filled internet where people hide behind their computer screens and send hate to other people, I am quite surprised there are still this kind of people. The kind that leave comments that bring you joy and stop feeling down if you are. 

To tell you the truth, I don't really like anonymous comments because I don't know who they are. I want to know who said that. Anyways, I thought I ought to tell that. It really bothers me. Okay, back to the title.

Sometimes I stumbled upon these kind of comments in the Youtube comment section among all the other hateful comments and I smile. How wonderful it would be if you are having some issues with yourself and suddenly you read about this person saying you are worth it, and that they love you. You may not know that person at all but there's something about words that can touch you, touch your heart. 

Somehow we always forget how priceless we are and we feel useless for no one showed that they need us, no one tells us (on a daily basis) that they are grateful for our presence. We need these kind of reminders to knock some senses into our heads. WE ARE LOVED.

I watched 'Born Without Limbs' on MTV just now. The show's about Nick Vujicic. A 32 years- old man with no arms and legs. Honestly, I've heard about him before. He was in the local newspaper that I read few years ago and I've seen his books with him on the covers at bookstores. I've always wondered what happen to his limbs. I thought he was attacked by a shark but turned out he was actually born like that. It's something called the tetra-amelia syndrome. A very rare disorder.


He's a motivational speaker. Obviously, because he also writes motivational books. So, in an interview, he told a story of when he was 19. He went to a highschool to make a speech, sharing his stories and hardships and to tell the students that they are wonderful and loved. Suddenly, a girl in the middle of the school hall started crying so badly. She said, "I'm sorry, but can I hug you? For all my life, no one ever told me that they loved me." 

Nick, in that interview said he can't believe what he heard at that time. He couldn't imagine a life where his parents never said that they love him. 

So, what I'm trying to say is, the power of good words. You can make a person's day. 

Reminder to self: Mind your words. Don't talk recklessly. Try throwing random kind words to people everyday and make someone's day. You have nothing to lose.


This is for you who are reading :)




Comments

  1. You can set to awaiting moderation for comments (go to setting - post & comment - awaiting moderation - tick 'always') so that you're aware with the new comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Lets spread the positive and goods. What we told people is what we told ourselves at first. thus, it a double remind of each others. Keep the good ones !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Redang Mutiara Beach Resort: A Review (July 2017)

First Year Dietetics: Subject Summary

Special Unit: Institut Jantung Negara