The First Walk Alone

Assalamualaikum,




For once I refuse to write an intro telling how I've been because maybe I just realized that no one care. So, to stick to what was supposed to be the main purpose of this 'thing', I might as well just rant about things that I think is worthy enough.




On the 27th, I was quote "invited" to an interview for a degree program at a local RU. This was my second one. The first was on the 23rd May. Before this, I've only experienced an interview once, that was for a foundation program that I didn't manage to excel but that's totally a different story because it was held just a stone's throw away from my house.


Different from the 23rd  May interview where I stayed at a hotel near the venue with my family, the 27th May interview was such a challenging if not one of the most independent experience I've ever been through.

Because it was held on a school day, my family couldn't tag along. The interview is at noon so there's no way I could make it to KL by bus or car in time. So, I woke up at 5.30 in the morning to board my flight at 6.30. My mom dropped me off at the airport and I sort of handled everything by myself starting from there. I went through security check, queued up and boarded the flight. At 7.10 a.m., the airbus departed. I was surprised to find the pilot announcing that the airbus was going to land just about in a blink of an eye (maybe 30 minutes). Seriously, that shouldn't have surprised me though. It was a plane afterall.



 At KLIA2, I wandered around trying to find a bus to get to KL Sentral. It took me a good 10 minutes walking around the enormous airport and an enquiry to the receptionist to get a bus that was scheduled to depart only a few minutes after. I took the chance to go to a mini mart to buy some food before boarding the bus because I haven't touched anything since yesterday. There's a cute 8 pieces of spring rolls that looked like sushi that I bought there. I ended up just eating one because it's too messy and I only found out that there's a sign saying "No Eating and Drinking" in the bus after eating that piece. It was delightful though and I carried the rest until I got home (totally don't know what happened to them after that). 

Something happened when I boarded the bus. I looked at my ticket and saw that there's a seat number, so being an uptight person I am, I strictly tried to find 'my seat' just to end up finding out that someone's already there chilling. It was a chinese boy. Maybe around my age or younger. Honestly, I didn't see any seat number anywhere, so when I talked to him, I was really just asking his seat number. He who was busy with his phone quickly picked up all his thing with a guilty face like I didn't even know how to react. His face was so funny. Then, he saw a teeny tiny sticky paper above the seat and coincidentally it was my seat number, so he really needed to move. That was when an older chinese guy sitting next to him asked me, "Are you sure you're on the right bus? Is there really a seat number? Can I see your ticket? Did you buy it? RM10?" I was interrogated so bad that I almost want to cry. What, dude?! I paid my ticket just like you. You think I'm a stray or something *punch him in the face* xD Haha. I wish I'd done that. That would be hysterical. Instead I just answered his annoying questions calmly. I figured maybe that was the younger guy's dad. 

In the end, the bus was not filled with people and I feel kind of bad for that younger guy. I could have just seat somewhere else, it's not like the bus is full house. And I also had to seat next to his ANNOYING father for a good 2 hours xD

I arrived at KL Sentral and waited for my dad to come pick me up. Then, we went straight to the interview venue. In the car was when I started feeling sick. I didn't know I was going to get my menses that day, so when I checked at KLIA2, I was glad I bought my 'supply' but the cramps were totally uncalled for. It was so bad that I lost my appetite completely. I was in the toilet like 20 minutes and not just once. My mind's crazy and the pain's painful enough that I thought I'd rather lay on the road and get hit by cars rather than having it (thankfully, I didn't do that).

Arriving at the venue, I went to the toilet again before registering my name and my dad couldn't come in so he left me to get some food for himself.

I waited in the lecture hall for a while and then went to get a computerized personality test upstairs. I thought I would die because both the lecture hall and computer lab were very very cold and my cramps disliked that kind of temperature. After that, I decided to wait outside the lecture hall. At 2 p.m., I entered and was glad my cramps had receded and that it wasn't as cold in there. But something else is dreading me. I waited until 4 o'clock to be called into the interview room and the waiting sucked. Everybody else's names were called and I was among the last candidates to be summoned. When I was summoned with another 3 girls, we actually had to wait even more outside the interview room for another 30 minutes before finally getting in and did the interview.

5 minutes before 5, we finished. Thank God! I originally planned to take a bus from TBS to go home but since the road started to congest, my dad had another idea. He took me to the KTM station and I took a commuter to Seremban after I bid goodbye to him. 



While waiting for the commuter to arrive there's a creepy friendly voluptuous guy with a hat approaching me asking things. I didn't have to respond to him but I didn't want to be rude. I guess having coaches for ladies only was a convenient that day or else that man would've followed me in just to seat next to me. Uh, freaky.

After about an hour, I was at Seremban. This was one of the hardest part because I legit walked two or three times back and forth at a very long sidewalk to find the bus terminal to get a bus to Johor. It didn't help that there were two Indian beggars (a man and his mom I suppose) sitting at one part of the sidewalk whom were getting more and more comfortable asking me money as they've seen me more than one time. Uh, freakyyyy. The sidewalk was not a busy place so I was even more scared.

When I finally found the terminal, I bought a ticket and waited for 1 and a half hour for it. I managed to shove in my very first proper meal that day that were not so proper because I couldn't really eat it with ease for it was falling apart in my hands. It was a sandwich at Dunkin Donuts. I seriously thanked God for giving me enough time to finish it so I didn't have to eat in the bus and at least I could wash my hands there. And don't get me started on the latte. It was horrible. I couldn't believe I spent almost RM20 for that kind of meal. Wow, I must be so hungry.

Another thing, while I was eating in the glass covered cafe, seating by the glass, there was this old Malay man with dark yellowish hair standing outside of it and watching me eat! Seriously! Creepy as hell. Huhhh. But the terminal was scary enough. I was holding my bags tightly hoping that no snatchers would pop out. People were staring though and I hate that very much. So when I finally sat in the bus, I was so relieved. 



3 hours in the bus and after trying so hard to sleep but kind of failed (I slept a while though), also trying not to laugh at the young Malay guy in front of me sleeping so adorably and almost all the way through, I arrived at Skudai but at the wrong bus stop. I could've been dropped off at Larkin though, so I was grateful enough eventhough my mom lectured me for getting off at the wrong one. It wasn't my fault that the driver didn't stop at the usual bus stop. 



Fuhhh, and that's how tough a journey it was for only an interview that don't really promise much. There were 160 candidates and they only want 30. So, if I'm not one of those 30 people, I'd take it with an open heart. Well, at least I had a very priceless experience. A very scary one too.



Here's an advice though. Try going out alone sometimes. You might encounter things that you wouldn't encounter if you go out with people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redang Mutiara Beach Resort: A Review (July 2017)

First Year Dietetics: Subject Summary

Special Unit: Institut Jantung Negara